Change in May Program
Kawandi Quilting Program by Nan R.
First, please have a look at the website link below to give you a flavor of a Kawandi Quilt.
• Piece of fabric for back of placemat at least 15” x 19” (a fat quarter works great)
• Piece of batting 14” x 18” – I found 100% cotton or 80/20 batting nice to work with.
• NOTE: For our purposes here, any size will do. The backing should be 1" larger all around than the batting.
• Scrap fabrics of your choice (no batiks)
• Sewing thread or safety pins for basting
• Needles with sharp point and eye large enough to thread with pearl cotton. Big Stitch needles or Embroidery #7 , Chenille.
• Finger cots can be helpful
• Sewing scissors for cutting pieces of fabric